New York State Public Health law, Section 2164, mandates that schools not permit a child to be admitted unless the parent provides the school with a certificate of immunization or proof from a physician that the child is in the process of receiving the required immunizations.
The required immunizations are:
• 5 doses, or 4 doses if the 4th dose was received at 4 years of age or older, or 3 doses if aged 7 years or older and the series was started at 1 year of age or older Diphtheria Toxoid (usually administered as DPT, DT or TD)
• 4 doses or 3 doses of poliovirus vaccine if the 3rd dose was received at 4 years of age or older(OPV and/or IPV)
• 2 doses of Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR). The first dose of Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) must be administered no more than 4 days before the first birthday
• 3 doses of Hepatitis B vaccine
• 1 dose of Diphtheria and Tetanus toxoid containing vaccine and acellular
• Pertussis vaccine (Tdap) for all children born on or after 1/1/94 who are entering the 6th grade
• 2 doses of Varicella Administered no more than 4 days before the first birthday. Applies to all children born on or after
1/1/98or all children born on or after 1/1/94who are entering the 6th grade.
-Meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MenACWY). By Grade 7: 1 dose Grade 12: 2 doses or 1 dose if the dose was received at 16 years of age or older
All of the above immunizations must be documented by your physician or local health department where the child received the immunization or must be from an official copy of the immunization record from the child’s previous school. All immunizations must specify the exact date each immunization was administered.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE REGULATIONS WILL RESULT IN EXCLUSION OF THE CHILD FROM SCHOOL.