CLEVELAND HILL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
It is the role of Cleveland Hill Elementary School to teach responsible, respectful behavior to its children. In keeping with the district’s Code of Conduct, parents, students, teachers, and staff are encouraged to engage in behavior that is safe and respectful. Our goal is to maintain a school environment that is a warm, positive, spirit-affirming place to learn.
What follows is a list of our school's expectations for behavior and an overview of the disciplinary plan at the elementary level. For specific information on student conduct and discipline, please refer to the Cleveland Hill School District Code of Conduct, which can be obtained from the district office.
1. Be Respectful
2. Be Responsible
3. Be Safe
4. Be Your Best
GUIDING PRINCIPLES AND CONSIDERATIONS
• The severity and frequency of unacceptable conduct as well as the age of the child and circumstances surrounding the behavior are taken into consideration when determining appropriate consequences. As a general rule, consequences will be progressive. Consequences are intended to prevent inappropriate behavior from occurring and encourage students to make better choices in the future.
CONSEQUENCES FOR NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES
• Each classroom teacher has a behavior plan that includes rules and progressive consequences such as a warning, loss of free time and/or privilege, parent contact, and office referral.
• Upon receiving an office referral for misbehavior, students may be subjected to the following penalties, either alone or in combination.
1. Meeting with Principal/Assistant + verbal warning.
2. Meeting with Principal/Assistant + call to parent.
3. Meeting with Principal/Assistant + call to parent and assigned detention(s).
4. Meeting with Principal/Assistant + call to parent and suspension from privileges.
5. Meeting with Principal/Assistant + call to parent and short term (5 days or less) suspension from school.