I have set up all the teachers in the district with access to Kahoot! Premium for the rest of the year. Check your email from March 17 for the special access code to activate your Premium features.
You can read up on how these features will work in this document from Kahoot!
- Kahoot! is a fun way to help students identify what they do or don't know at the beginning of a new topic of study, to check for understanding during instruction, or to assess what they have learned afterward. The Premium version allows students to play at their own pace from home and gives teachers access to additional features.
Flocabulary is offering a 60-day free trial for teachers. Check the email I sent on March 31 for an activation link to join our school.
- Flocabulary offers hiphop videos about educational topics for every subject area. Think Schoolhouse Rock for this generation.
Software We Subscribe To (so it's free to you!)
We subscribe via the High School. Anyone can enter the code to get unlimited video lessons. The code can be found under the Staff tab; sign into the website so you can see the Document Library, and it will be under Computer Services Resources.
- Edpuzzle allows you to take a video from YouTube and add your own questions or notes to check for students' understanding. It also gives you information about how much of the video the students have watched, and how many times they watched each section.
- Edpuzzle has many helpful resources on their site to get you started. Here's a very helpful article about using Edpuzzle with Google Classroom.
Take a look at Edpuzzle's training slides below.
We have the entire Clevehill.org domain whitelisted, so as long as you create an account with your school email address, you will automatically have access to this tool.
- With InsertLearning you can "make the internet your lesson." Take any website you want students to read and insert your own notes, highlights, questions, and more, right on the page and in between paragraphs.
The slides below are the ones I've used in my previous training class on InsertLearning. Feel free to pause these as needed to read them in more depth or follow along in your browser with your own InsertLearning account.