Universal Pre-Kindergarten 2022- 2023
Cleveland Hill Elementary School
Universal Pre-K Program 2022-2023
The Cleveland Hill Union Free School District is now accepting Universal Pre-Kindergarten applications for the 2022-2023 school year. Children attending the pre-kindergarten class will be provided with language based, hands-on learning experiences. The UPK program enhances young children’s ability to think and reason by providing them with interactive learning opportunities in a warm and supportive setting. A teacher with NYS certification in early childhood education and a teaching assistant will be responsible for engaging the children in age appropriate activities that lead to social, emotional, and cognitive growth.
The Pre-Kindergarten program will be available to children who will be four years of age on or before December 1, 2022. Children must be residents of the Cleveland Hill School District. We currently have two UPK sessions held daily at Cleveland Hill. The morning session runs from 9:00-11:30 and the afternoon session runs from 12:15-2:45. Parents must provide transportation.
The district is due to receive funding for approximately 34 students. This is an equal opportunity program. A lottery drawing will be held to determine enrollment for September. If more students apply for enrollment than the grant funding provides for, a waiting list will be established for the remaining applicants.
March 31, 2022
- Deadline to submit the UPK Enrollment Survey form and be entered in the UPK Lottery. The UPK Enrollment Survey is now electronic. Paper copies of the UPK Enrollment Survey will no longer be distributed. The UPK Enrollment Survey form can be found at this link.
April 6, 2022
- Random selection to draw the 2022-2023 UPK students held at Cleveland Hill Elementary School. Parents will be notified of results by mail. Selected students must be formally registered.
April 11, 2022
- Formal registration packets mailed home.
May 9, 2022
- Deadline to complete the registration process. Failure to complete the registration process by this deadline will result in removal from the eligibility list and the UPK placement reassigned to a child on the waiting list.
- Pending approval of state funding, UPK classes will begin.
Please visit the district website for more information on the Universal Pre-Kindergarten program. If you have any questions, please contact the elementary school at 836-8200 or email Mrs. Pascual at email@example.com.